About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Treatments will begin next week.....

Yesterday I went to the Radiation Center where they will be doing my treatments. It was all very technical but the long and short of it is that, guided by a CT scan, they marked the skin with the permanent "tatoos" that will serve as alignment for the area to be treated. That data goes yet to another computer and the treatment plan is formulated. Next Monday, June 8th, I'll go in for a "dry run" to make sure everything aligns as it should and if so my first treatment will be on Tuesday, June 9th.

Otherwise, I'm feeling very good. Walking, working, serving, mothering, cooking, cleaning, etc .... all the things that we know to do, we just keep doing .... and the most important thing that we know to do in any and all situations is to "pray without ceasing" I Thess. 5:17 and to "consider it all joy.....knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance." James 1:2&3 God has been so very good to us. I, for one, am feeling very blessed. Are you?

Today I was reading in Isaiah 25 and the very first verse just brought me so much comfort. Now I'm no Old Testament scholar and I realize that this passage was written as a song of praise celebrating deliverance of a different kind many years ago, but it still touched me deeply....

Psalm 25:1 (NAS)
O Lord, You are my God;
I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name;
For You have worked wonders
Plans formed long ago with perfect faithfulness.

I love that perfect faithfulness part right on the heels of the plans being formed long ago and we can't overlook the wonder working aspect. It's true. He knew all things before any of them came to be. He knew our individual struggles as well as the larger scale ones of the Nations of the earth. And, He stands ready to simply stun us with His wonder working power.

Oh He is a good God, the One True God and He carries out the plans of our lives with Perfect Faithfulness indeed. In fact, doesn't He tell us in Psalm 139 that "all our days were ordained before one of them came to be"? I think there's a message somewhere in there :) Let's not miss it.....rest in His all knowing, all sufficient, perfect faithfulness over your every thing, large or small. He knows! He knew your name before the very foundations of the world and he has inscribed you on the palms of His hands (Is. 49:16) He's a personal and intimately acquainted God!

Have a good day today and don't forget to rest in the hands of the Father,

Cindy K.

No comments:

Post a Comment