About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Radiation Update

Well, I completed my first 4 treatments today and there are only 29 left to go. I get the weekend off...yah! Treatment is going well, I guess, as I can't really see any results of it yet. All the effect is taking place on the inside, killing the healthy and any left over unhealthy cells, if there are any. The Dr. said to think of it as "mopping up" the remaining area. As a Mom I can picture that process :) Anyway, he said the physical signs of fatigue and skin irritation would begin around the 2 week mark and everyone's reaction is different in terms of severity. Hopefully, mine will be minimal. Right now I just pray and trust we're making good progress. Have a great day in Christ and a restful weekend.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment