About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No. 2 is in the bag....

Okay, so I'm driving to work and I'm thinking about the fact that No 2 (treatment) is done and over with..."in the bag" so to speak. And then I get to thinking about how I'm "filling" up a mental bag or bucket of my treatments so that I can orderly process and tally them. That's okay and I will continue to do this little exercise to help pass the days of treatment but it occurred to me that in my walk with Christ he calls me to store up treasures in Heaven (Matt. 6:20-21) that's where my heart is but also through Paul, in Phil. 2:5-8, God inspired these words... "have this same attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus... who ... emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant...He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross". Paul recognized this attitude in His ministry and says in vs 17-18 "But even if I am being poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I rejoice and share my joy with you all. You too, I urge you, rejoice in the same way and share your joy with me."

What a life, what a faith, what surrender that caused one certain man to fall head over heels, madly in love with the Savior and be willing to both store up treasure in heaven and be poured out lavishly in ministry for the advancement of the gospel ....poured out for the souls of all who would hear the message of Christ and learn to truly live, in this life and for all eternity. I want to be like that ..... leaving nothing in my pockets at the end of each day!

Oh God, may my life just be absolutely free-flowing to all who you bring my way. May this current set of uncomfortable circumstances in which, by the way, You are absolutely stunning me in the midst of, may these current circumstances not define me. Rather may they strengthen me in the inner man to do Your will for all my days! Thank you for bending the ear to earth .... Your love for us is lavish!

Blessings to you my friends....have an awesome day!
Cindy K.

No comments:

Post a Comment