About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Monday, June 29, 2009

Almost half way....

Today marks the almost half-way mark...treatment #15 of 33. Wow! The days are passing by quickly. Today, I said goodbye to a sweet woman I've met who was mid-way through her treatments when I began. Today was her final treatment. This is her 3rd bout with breast cancer but all is looking good for her. We've become acquainted over the past 3 weeks as we sit there in our hospital gowns awaiting our turn. They move the patients through in a very peaceful, orderly, calming fashion and they are very efficient so the wait is usually as quick or quicker than the actual treatment. Not long to visit but we all already know one thing about each other....we're being treated for some form of cancer.

Anyway, you get to know a little about folks in situations like this. Today, we discovered that our 18 y/o's (my Cory and her daughter, Hayli) both graduated from South Pointe H.S. class of 2009. They apparently had classes together and while we both had heard the names we never connected the dots. It's a really small world. Over these last weeks, we've briefly shared some of our personal journey and I've sensed in her a sweet spirit and gentle, calm nature. She seems so at peace....

... at peace,
......the only place a cancer patient can truly live
but unattainable without the Lord
...it's just too much without Him, in fact,
I don't know how anyone faces this without Him
.... there's so much life to live in the midst of this fight for life and
He's the only One who can bring perspective and balance and Hope
.... He is our Hope! ...

and so my prayers will be with her today and tomorrow and as often as the Lord brings this lovely lady, named Janice, to my mind. She has forever touched my heart and I pray God's favor on her all the days of her life.

As I reach the mid-point of my own treatments, it occurred to me that there will probably be a new "Janice" joining us in the "hospital gowned waiting area". Maybe she will be scared or angry or feeling hopeless. Maybe she will be optimistic and peaceful and a sister in Christ. Who knows? But I know this, God has entrusted this journey to me and I pray for His wisdom and compassion and grace to touch whomever sits next to me each day.

Oh may my life, my words, my journey represent Him well and cause others to turn their gaze upon the Son of the Most High God. He is the only Hope any of us have!

Blessings my friends,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment