About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Going down the other side ....

Today I took my first step on the other side of the half way mark. I officially have less treatments left than what I've already had. Things are going very good...at least as far as my endurance. Fatigue is not noticeable.... afterall, I've always loved to sleep :) ... and the skin irritation is just so minuscule. I'm tempted to ask if they are sure the machine is plugged in. Just kidding. I do feel some changes but they are so completely cope-able. God is good and I'm simply trusting in His mercy over my life and healing. He has been so undeservedly good to me through out this time. I never imagined that I could look a potentially life threatening disease in the face and have the strength, courage and faith to stand. All praise, glory, honor and fame to God, my Father, my Dad who has prepared me all of my life to walk this road. I'm humbled that He has entrusted me with this hardship and is giving me the daily, moment by moment grace to run my race.

Sorry for being so wordy and maybe even a little too personal with my reflections but my heart is just so full...and you know me so you know that I've never had much success at being quiet and introspective. Furthermore, when my fingers get to typing it's like standing on a moutaintop shouting all the goodness of the Lord for all to hear. Thanks for letting me shout .... I love to hear your shouts too ... your joys and victories .... we walk our journeys together ... we all need each other. What a privilege walking with you all. I love you but Jesus loves you more!

Moving on, today I also said goodbye to Mrs. Helms. The 2nd, and the older (in her 70's) of two women that were halfway through their treatments when I began. It's kind of sad to say goodbye. I looked forward to our brief conversations each morning. She also will be in my thoughts and I sincerely pray that she always walks in good health and in God's incredible mercy and favor all the days of her life.

Well that's it from me for today. I hope you have a great day. Spend time with the Father and may He be your delight and as you delight in Him, know that He delights in you and will show you incredible things and it just keeps going on and on ...

Psalm 119:18-20 (Amplified Bible)

18Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Your law.

19I am a stranger and a temporary resident on the earth; hide not Your commandments from me.

20My heart is breaking with the longing that it has for Your ordinances and judgments at all times.


We Love You Lord!


1 comment:

  1. It is hard to believe you are over half way! I am rejoicing with you.

    ReplyDelete