About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

THREE - what a curious number!

I have a confession to make. My name is Cindy and I have OCD :) I don't really, well I don't really know, I just can't decide if I do or not, I'll give it more thought ...LOL! Meantime, let me tell you about this silly little mental exercise that I did indeed become obsessed with today as I took my walk...just so you know? I don't exercise because I love it; I do it solely for my hips & thighs and the oxygen boost that it is giving my cells - that's what research says, anyway, and it's funny how my mind just thinks of the craziest things to pass the time. Sometimes, I actually do something productive, like pray, but lots of times my mind just goes limp and random. That's what happened today.

Okay, so I was out walking and thinking about the fact that I have 3 treatments left. Praise God! He's just so good! Anyway, you'd think that would be the end of that thought, right?...not so. I began to think of all the significant "3's" and I was surprised at how many there were....I just couldn't stop thinking of them and it really did become a very silly mental exercise....but before I knew it I was back at my driveway...walk was over...boredom was relieved...here's my list.....

I have 3 children
3 of them are sons
There are 3 bedrooms in my house
One of those bedrooms currently has 3 twin beds in it right now as we have guests; Praise God for large rooms in this "ole house".
I have 3 dogs, since Brad brought his puppy home to stay for the summer.
The number of wheels on my old tricycle - 3
There are 3 consonants in the word THRee
Remember, the 3 blind mice, 3 little pigs and 3 little bears?
How about this little saying ... 3rd time's the charm
You'll get 3 wishes should you find a genie in a bottle
Tony Orlando and Dawn sang .... knock 3 times on the ceiling if you want me
There are 3 leaves on a poison ivy plant.
What is the 3rd day of the work week? today - Wednesday
You should eat 3 square meals a day; 3 fruit servings and at least 3 veggies.
3 persons of the trinity - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
There were 3 disciples closest to Jesus
3 things to love the Lord your God with ... all your heart, all your soul and all your mind. (Matt. 22:37)
3 times Jesus asked Peter "Do you love me?"
3 times Peter replied, "Lord, You know I love you?"
3 times Peter denied Him.
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him would not perish but have everlasting life.
3 crosses stood atop Golgotha

Hmmm.....I wonder what the number 2 will look like tomorrow? I'll let you know....

Blessings! (hey there are 3 s's in blessings)
Cindy K.

No comments:

Post a Comment