About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Friday, July 24, 2009

One left ...

ONE .....

I have 1 treatment remaining
The word "one" has 1 consonant
Remember this song? ...everybody sing ..... "1 is the loneliest number that you'll ever do" (Three Dog Night - 1969)
The world says "look out for #1" ; hmmm, that can't be right!

Truth is, ONE holds much more significance (and comfort) if I gaze beyond my trial ....
Jesus said, "I and the Father are one (1)" - John 10:30
Remember the shepherd who would leave the 99 sheep in search of the 1 that was lost? ... In the same way, heaven rejoices over 1 sinner who repents - Luke 15:4-7
The church - one (1) body - Romans 12:5
1 Lord, 1 faith, 1 baptism - Ephesians 4:5
1 God, 1 Mediator - 1 Timothy 2:5
1 cross .... 1 Savior ... 1 Sacrifice ... One dying for all ... - 2 Corinthians 5:14
1 boulder, rolled away...
1 empty tomb...
1 angel , proclaiming "He is not here"... - Mark 16:4

Each one of us must make the choice for ourselves....will we choose Him as the One and only? Will we proclaim that He alone is God? Will we bow before none other? Will we acknowledge Him as the One, single, solitary.... way, truth, life, & access to the Father? - John 14:6
I pray so .....
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment