About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

1 down and only 32 to go!

Well, today marks the start of actual treatment. I'm really glad and excited to be at this point. Assuming that I never have to miss a treatment due to illness or machine malfunction then I should have my last treatment on July 24th. I feel like we're really doing something productive now. The surgeries were very productive indeed but I really haven't done anything else since then so this is good for a "do-er" like me.

And, I must say that everything I have heard about radiation treatments has proven true. I saw nothing and felt nothing during the treatment and it took all of 10 minutes. It was very non-eventful. Of course, the side effects (skin irritaiton and fatigue) isn't expected until a couple of weeks into treatment but .... even then ... Praise God! He just takes such good care of us as we walk through our stuff.

I hope and pray that you have a good day today! Let me know how I can pray for you .... it is my honor to partner with you in prayer for yourself and/or your family & friends.

Blessings!
Cindy K.

No comments:

Post a Comment