About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Radiation Begins on Tuesday, June 9th

Hi my sweet friends and family,

I went in today for my "practice" radiation treatment. Everything seemed to line up appropriately so I'm good to begin the real thing first thing in the morning on Tuesday, June 9th. My appointment time for the next 33 weekday treatments will be 8:05 a.m. :( I am just not an early riser but this will certainly go a long way toward changing that in me, right? I'll go 5 days/week for 6 1/2 weeks....treatments should conclude mid-July.

I've made it my goal to get up extra early so I can have my quiet time, maybe even take my walk, have breakfast AND dress before treatment. Afterall, I do have to go to work afterward....so I've got to get it all done before hand, right? Okay, okay, I can hear some of you laughing already because you know me so well! This plan may be a little bit over-industrious but it gives me a goal to reach for. I'm making it a matter of prayer anyway!

Speaking of prayer, I thank you all for both your prayers and concern for us. I am trusting first in Christ alone. He is my only hope. The final outcome looks promising for me from the medical standpoint but even so I know that healing comes from the Father alone. All of our days (and our health) come from His generous hand and yet we also know that the earthly tent we dwell in is kind of goaning, you know, wearing out alittle more each day and that is as it should be. Don't believe me? Recall 2 Cor. 5.

But, my "here and now" is that "I'm here and it's now" so I'm doing what I can to take care of myself, my tent, for His glory! Like, improving my diet to be full of fresh fruits, veggies and whole grains, lean meats, healthy fats, etc, along with walking 30 minutes a day. I pray this will condition my body for the fight I continue to face to eradicate all cancer traces from my body as I go through the radiation. Each day of taking better care of myself with good food choices, plenty of water, and exercise brings me that much closer to overall better health. It's amazing how God designed our bodies and provided us with the things we need to take care of them. We truly are wonderfully and marvelously made. May we glorify Him in our body ..... (as the verse below says)....

I Cor. 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God and that you are not your own?
For you have been bought with a price; therefore, glorify God in your body.

Above all, I'm seeking Him more diligently than ever before. I'm loving spending time alone with Him. Everyday something new is revealed out of scripture. I'm doing a new study right now as part of my quiet time. You may remember that right after Christmas I started Beth Moore's - John - 90 Days with the beloved disciple. (It's from her Personal Reflections Series for those too busy to take a full-fledged class; this you do on your own) That study couldn't have come to me at a more perfect time. I still marvel at how so many of the lesson's were applicable to the exact moment. I had to laugh one day when I was waiting on results from one test or another and looked ahead to Monday's devotion...which was also the expected day of the results...I found the title was "One Foot In The Grave". Someone said to me, "Don't try to get ahead of God." How true!

Anyway, I recently finished the John study and have now started Jesus - 90 Days with the One and Only. It's still applicable to my days, I'm enjoying it just as much (or more) and I wanted to mention it in case you are looking for a new study to embark on........

Have a blessed day today...take good care of yourself....your temple for His glory!
Cindy K.

No comments:

Post a Comment