About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Today...This Moment...


It's Saturday today and I finished my first full week of radiation treatment yesterday (the first week was only 4 days because we started on a Tuesday) so that makes a total of 9 down and only 24 more to go. Yah! I'm so thankful that God is sustaining me. I was told that the fatigue and skin irritation would set in around the 2 week mark. Technically, I'm still a little shy of that mark but today I feel great. I'm doing some much needed deep cleaning around the house. Our 9 month old puppy, Murphy, with the face so ugly only a mother could love...(he's a blk/wht Japanese Chin)...sheds....alot...and my allergies are in an uproar. Gotta stay on top of that if we are going to get along! :) That's his picture....

Last night, we had a performance of "Not Just Another Love Story". The audience was very receptive and I think they enjoyed the show. I was especially glad that after a long day of 13 hours combined work and performance I wasn't wiped out. God is good and He sustains us in all that He calls us to do. Today my prayers are with the "Gospel According To Tennessee" cast as they have 2 shows which makes for a very long day indeed. May God be glorified in the theater today! If you haven't been to Narroway Productions you should come on out for a show. You will be blessed.

Well, that's all. I'm just feeling so content and comfortable in my today...this moment...how about you? Are you finding it hard to "be still and know that He is God"? We all find ouselves there sometimes...press through....don't settle....find the stillness that changes your perspective and drives you to your knees in awe of One so great.

I hope you all have a great Father's Day weekend. Love your earthly/spiritual Fathers well! And don't forget to spend some extra time with the Father of all creation...that's where I'm off to right now...to sit in His awesome presence and linger a while. Can't wait to see what He has for me.....just stun me Lord. That is my prayer!

Blessings!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment