About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Friday, May 29, 2009

The "sweetest" thing I've heard today....

Friends,

I just got an email from a special lady in my life who told me the sweetest thing but before I share it....I wanted to give you an update on my treatment plan. I will meet with the Radiation Oncologist Monday afternoon. That's all I know :) I have no idea what we will accomplish at this next appt but I know this...it moves us one step closer to treatment #1 of 33. Let's do this thing!

Now for the sweetest thing I've heard and I'm trusting she won't mind that I'm sharing it ..... so... she said "I want you to know that I bought a box of pink tic tacs a few weeks ago, and everytime I pop one in my mouth- I pray for you and if my kids ask me for one they say , Mom, can I have a pink tic-tac, I'll pray for Cindy!" I am so honored and humbled by your prayers for me and I thank you. You are precious to me and I love you!

In fact, all of you are precious to me. I want you all to know that as need arises in your lives and certainly as God places you on my heart I will and I am praying for you. My struggle is not so large that I can't look beyond myself and pray for you. It is my honor and privilege to pray. Can you imagine the impact on our faithfulness to pray if we all bought pink tic-tacs and prayed for those precious family and friends that we know who are walking this path through illness and recovery? We would find ourselves being more faithful to the prayer promises we've made.

Well, I just had to share this with each of you that have been checking our blog and I want you to know that I'm honored that you are following along. May we encourage each other as we walk our individual journey's. I'm thankful that we have this moment to walk together. I'm blessed to call you "friend."

Love to you all,
Cindy K.

No comments:

Post a Comment