About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Favorable Test Results

Hi Everyone,

God is so good to me and I simply don't deserve His mercy.....His mercies are indeed new every morning! Today I went back to the Dr. to get the results from the OncotypeDX test that, you may remember, helps determine my risk of recurrence. I am happy to report that it was good news.....I am in the low risk category and will not benefit from chemo.

I'm heading straight to radiation in the next week or so. That will last for 6 1/2 weeks (5 days a week). The most troubling side effects will be the fatigue that comes on about the 2nd or 3rd week and continues until about 2 to 3 weeks after treatment as well as skin irritation from the radiation itself. There are things they will instruct me in to offset any skin issues.

All in all, I'm very encouraged. As I said, I don't deserve God's mercy to me. I'm keenly aware of the people who don't get encouraging reports. My heart breaks for them, in fact, sitting in the waiting room at the oncologist office today had such a sad affect on me. I saw men and women of all ages obviously in various stages of illness/treatment and my heart just went out to them. The really sobering thing is that now I am one of them sharing in this journey from diagnosis back to health. For some the road is harder than others but for all of us life is never the same. Nor should it be...

Oh may the sky be more blue, the birds' song more sweet, the breeze more refreshing and the touch of someone you love more special. More importantly may the time we spend in prayer and study become richer and as a result may our lives be made more fruitful. Afterall, it is just so all about Him! Right?

Blessings to you my friends.....thanks for your prayers and I'll keep you posted....I'm praying for each of you too.....it is my honor......

Cindy K.

No comments:

Post a Comment