About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Radiation Oncologist meeting....

Hi All,

Today I met with the Radiation Oncologist and discussed my planned radiation treatment which cannot begin until we get the results of the OncotypeDX test. You may remember that this test will determine if I am a high or low risk for recurrence. If I am high risk we will need to stop by the Chemo room and do a round there before beginning radiation. This would add an extra layer of protection for me.

I should receive those final results on Tuesday, May 26th, when I once again meet with the Medical Oncologist. His office called me this morning to let me know that the blood work they had done on May 7th to check for my ability to use the anti-cancer medication Tamoxifen was positive which means that will be the med of choice for me. That is one more detail that can be checked off.

Well, that's about it with my medical update. I'm feeling great, started walking again, even unpacked my Juiceman Juicer - blew the spiderwebs out of it - and have been enjoying some, among other things, delicious spinach, carrot and pineapple juice....yes all mixed together. It's actually quite good and there is something about drinking it that makes you feel good to know you are getting the veggies/fruits that we all need each day. I can almost feel the cool juice running through the uttermost cells of my body. Okay that's a little melodramatic but it does make you feel good.

I hope that you have a great day today......live in the moment....live in His presence.....and remember His goodness....

Psalm 27:13-14 (New King James Version)


13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!


Be blessed,

Cindy K.

No comments:

Post a Comment