About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Friday, May 8, 2009

Living today in the "clear"

So my journey has brought me to this day...the first Friday in 6 weeks that I have not found myself standing on the brink of a weekend filled with waiting (and dreading) the results from one test or another. Oh yes, I feel very blessed indeed to have experienced my birthday, a favorable pathology report of "clear margins", a good first meeting with my oncologist (Dr. Boyd), and official release from my surgeon (Dr. Turk), all of this in the same week. I am appointment free until May 26th when I will once again meet with my oncologist to get the results of a test they are now doing on the tumor that will evaluate the chromosomes and predict chance of recurrence. If they find I am at a high risk for recurrence then we will do chemotherapy but if I am a low risk we will proceed directly to radiation. Either way, I am at peace. The Lord has impressed upon my heart to do exactly as my Doctor suggests. Praise You Lord for Your undeserved mercy and Your continued guidance.

I stand and breathe deeply of the joy that our Father is pouring into my heart at this moment. And while I do I am keenly aware that the joy I feel is entirely from and directed back to to the One who has sustained me in the initial fear of diagnosis and who will sustain me through the treatment phase and as I walk into the unknown of my future as a breast cancer survivor. I'm learning to live in the moment and the moment right now is a treasured gift from His hand...a respite of the struggle of the past weeks. I have comfort from my Lord for my Now and confidence in my Lord for my Future because I know it is secure. First Peter 1: 1-9 is beautiful...when you get the time take a moment and be reminded of the gift of salvation through faith that is ours as believers.

I've chosen to blog about my journey so that I don't leave anyone out of my email updates. You have prayed me through the urgency of the first weeks of this journey and I can never fully express my love and gratitude to you for the selfless prayers you have lifted on my behalf. You have gently carried me and my family to the very throne room of God and I am humbled by your act of love to me. I can only say that standing on this side of a prayer need has made me keenly aware of the importance of the prayers of the Saints. I will never casually approach prayer requests again. No, I will instead pray for others as though my own life depended on it. I have been so moved by the effect of prayer during this time, in fact, I've been desperate for it and you honored me by storming the gates of Heaven for me. I appreciate your continued prayer for my journey ahead as the Lord leads you.

I hope you have a blessed Mother's Day weekend. Share your love with your mother if you're lucky enough to still have her, remember her fondly if she has already passed away and most importantly thank God for His everlasting love.

Blessings to you my precious friends,
Cindy K.

2 comments:

  1. So glad for some good news! Thanks for sharing with us...we'll continue walking through with you. :)

    ReplyDelete