About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Psalm 23 ~ With added perspective ...

Several weeks ago at church, our Latino Pastor, Gilberto Colon shared an incredible message about suffering and rejoicing. In his message, he read Psalm 23 with an added perspective and it really touched me in that deep, deep place where our hope abides. We know that David wrote Psalm 23; however, the author of the added perspective is unknown......may these words minister to your soul right where you are .... right now ....

Psalm 23
The LORD is my Shepherd (That’s a Relationship!)
I shall not want (That’s Supply!)
He makes me to lie down in green pastures (That’s Rest!)
He leads me beside the still waters. (That’s Refreshment!)
He restores my soul (That’s Healing!)
He leads me in the paths of righteousness (That’s Guidance!)
For His name’s sake (That’s Purpose!)
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (That’s Testing!)
I will fear no evil (That’s Protection!)
For You are with me (That’s Faithfulness!)
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me (That’s Discipline!)
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies (That’s Hope!)
You anoint my head with oil (That’s Consecration!)
My cup runs over (That’s Abundance!)
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life (That’s Blessing!)
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD (That’s Security!)
Forever. (That’s Eternity)


Also, praying for the country of Haiti in the aftermath of the earthquake .... join me won’t you?

Cindy K

No comments:

Post a Comment