About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year 2012

Well, here we stand again ... saying goodbye to the current year and welcoming in a brand new one. And, I do love this time of year as we look ahead with such hope and anticipation! It's all so untouched and the possibilities seem endless. What will we accomplish? What dreams will be awakened or fulfilled? How will we grow and change, mature and deepen? How do we become more in the new year than we were in the old one? Because, you see, I don't believe we should leave one year and go into the next without some type of growth being evident. We like the kind of growth that comes to us easily but what about the growth that came through uncomfortable circumstances?

I've had a little of both during 2011 for it has been a year full of ups and downs for me personally. Mostly ups, but there were bumps along the way and some of it was, indeed, uncomfortable but I wouldn't change a thing. I wouldn't change one moment of it. In all things, God has been faithful to me and I couldn't have faced a day ... not one single day of the last year ... without Him.

I've laughed, I've cried, I'm been hopeful and also struggled with defeat and feelings of rejection. I've lost and I've gained. I've succeeded and I've failed. I've been afraid and full of courage. I've felt both devastation and great elation! I've been faithful and I've been faithless. I have loved and been unloving. I have been loved by others and been unlovable at times. And that's just a drop in the bucket! Anybody else?

But mostly, I look back on 2011 and see where I've grown in my dependence on my God, my Father, my Maker, my Savior, my King, my Friend. There's just no one like our God and He has been more faithful to me than I could ever have dreamed in 2011. He has met my every need, calmed my every fear, answered all of my prayers ... yes, even the ones where "waiting" seems to be the answer for the moment.

So, as we look forward to 2012, I feel confident in saying that I won't be able to face a single day of it without Him right by my side. So, it is my prayer ...

  • That no matter what comes our way we will remember Who our Source of Strength really is.
  • That we will remember to Whom we owe all honor and thanks. 
  • That the God of all creation will fill our hearts with more hunger and thirst for Himself than we could have imagined. 
  • That when we seek Him we will find Him.
  • That when we surrender to Him we will be filled up to overflowing. 

These are a few of my Happy New Year 2012 prayers for you and me! So, be blessed in Him as we all walk into the new, untouched moments, hours, days, weeks and months of 2012!

Happy New Year, 

Cindy K






No comments:

Post a Comment