About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Divine Exchange

It's been a really long time since I've blogged. I've just been trying to adjust and get settled in to my life post diagnosis, surgery and radiation and it's been a little harder than I thought it would be. The medicine has been very difficult to adjust to but by God's grace I'll make it. And, speaking of His grace that is exactly why I'm blogging....

I was sitting on my patio this evening...just a few minutes ago in fact...listening to my Ipod. I've found a new song in the past few months called "Divine Exchange" by Lara Martin. (Hey SCCC friends, she's the same worshiper who wrote "God Is Here") Anyway, as I'm singing along I look up into the treetops that are set against an otherwise gray sky and there I see it...a little golden toward the top of the trunk. What could that be? Dry bark in the midst of damp? No, it was golden sunshine hitting in one spot alone. The clouds must be breaking somewhere in the distance allowing a little ray of gold to hit the top of my tree.

I could hear God speak to me in that very moment, affirming the lyric that my heart (and my Ipod were singing)..."and as I worship You, You lead me to the place; to the place of Divine Exchange" .... Something as simple as the exchange of gray sky for a spot of golden sun can represent His goodness in the midst of struggle. He's is so good to us, so faithful, so very present. I love Him with all of my heart!

I grabbed my camera so I could share this pic with you and I hope the pic will appear in this post in such a way so that you can see the golden sun. I've also listed the lyrics so you can read them.
Divine Exchange (by Lara Martin)
My heart is captivated, Lord, by You alone.
Captured by the awesomeness of You alone.
Melted by the grace and mercy You have shown.
I stand in wonder.
I reach to You, the One who makes
the blind eyes see.
Who breaks the chains of sickness with authority.
Restoring what was broken so it may fly again.
I live to worship You
I breathe to worship You
All of my days, Your face I will seek
For as I worship You
You lead me to the place
To the place of divine exchange ......
Thanks for letting me share this special moment between Jesus and me! Be blessed!
Cindy K.
PS: If you'd like to hear the song, you can google Lara Martin which should take you to a link for her Myspace page. This song is in her playlist. It is not in Itunes.


No comments:

Post a Comment