About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Miami Man Memories 2011

This past weekend I traveled with Mark to Miami, Fla. where he participated in the Miami Man 1/2 Iron on Sunday, 11/13. Wow! I am so proud of him. Here's a pic of him crossing the finish line! I can't imagine pushing my body to that extreme. Let it be known that if it were me then this picture would have included a few EMS heroes in it! Ha!

5 hours, 38 min, 1 second

He finished the 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run in 5 hours, 38 min, 1 sec! Yay! But, extreme sports weren't all we did while we were in Miami. We had a few days to be together and it's been quite a while since we've done that. Life, jobs, raising a family ... all of that gets in the way sometimes. We had a great time, just the two of us.

We arrived in Miami late Thursday evening but on Friday, we drove to the Keys with a couple of other TRI club members and spent most of the day in Key West. The keys are just beautiful!

Key West, Fla.
AT the Southernmost Point of the US

At Ernest Hemingway's Home



Walking the streets of Key West
  



(L to R) Cindy, Charlotte, Jim & Mark

















After a few hours in Key West, we traveled back toward Miami along US 1stopping to spend some time on the beach at this beautiful place ...

Bahia Honda State Park


Finally, we hit the road again stopping for dinner at Islamorada Fish Company in Marathon. The restaurant overlooks the water and we had just missed the sunset. The colorful sky was evidence that it had been spectacular for sure. Felt alittle bummed by that because you see, I've never actually seen a Sunset over the ocean. Living in Carolina when I visit the NC/SC coast I always get the Sunrise ......


Sunset in Key Biscayne, Fla.




BUT... on Saturday, in Key Biscayne, I finally saw my first "over the water" Sunset. Here's the pic, taken with my phone, so the quality isn't the best but still ... I thought it was beautiful!





Earlier in the day on Saturday, I got to visit with my best friend from childhood, Sandra. Her family moved to the Miami area in 1978 but before that she lived right across the street from me. The memories of growing up together on Furman Place are endless and so sweet. She holds a special place in my heart.

We met for lunch at Monty's in Coconut Grove, Fla. Here we are 33 years later ....

Cindy and Sandra

What a great trip! I left there feeling so abundantly blessed. Tried counting those blessings but found myself overwhelmed by them all. God has been so good to me all of my life and I felt His continued goodness, His love & mercy, everywhere I looked. Did I mention all of my life?  It includes the tough times. It just brings me to my knees.

And it makes me think about you and those thoughts compel me to pray that you are feeling the goodness of our God in your life today as well. I realize that maybe your race is getting the best of you. I've had a few discouraging laps on my course as well. I realize that maybe the view from your day, from your surroundings, isn't too spectacular right now. Mine isn't always either. I realize that maybe the memories of past friendships and relationships are filled with regrets. I have a few of those myself.

But this I know ...this I have come to realize ....

Our Father loves us. He loves me and He loves you! He sent His Son to save us. He is Creator, Sustainer, Redeemer, Deliverer, Lord of lords and King of kings. And this King longs to walk alongside of you. He longs to meet your every need. He longs to make every moment count for His great glory and fame. He longs to show you a beautiful view of life ... one lived in Him. You see, apart from Him, we are only desperate at best! For "in Him we live and move and exist" (Acts 17:28)

He longs to be your everything. I pray that you will run to Him! I pray that you will be changed in His sweet presence! I promise that He will be ALL you ever need!

In His Grip,
Cindy K

No comments:

Post a Comment