About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Look upon the cross.....

Everywhere we look, if we look with spirit eyes, we can see Him! I was out walking the other day and looked up into the trees. I noticed that in the top of the tree it appeared that the branches had formed the shape of a cross. This is what I saw....



Can you make it out? Oh I hope so. I hope this is not one of those ... "guess you had to be there moments". Look in the top of the tree...










Well, it struck me as I walked, in fact, I almost walked into a mailbox looking up so intently....everywhere we go, everything we see, everything in our lives are because of an awesome, holy, sovereign God.

Today I was reading Psalm 99 - 103. Can I share a little of what He impressed upon me? I'm not typing all the verses, just the key words, phrases that especially ministered to me.

Psalm 99: 5 - 9
Exalt the Lord our God
And worship at His footstool;
Holy is He.

Moses, Aaron, Samuel.....they called upon the Lord (vs 6)
He spoke to them...(vs 7)
They kept His testimonies....(vs 7)
Oh Lord, our God, You answered them....(vs 8)


Oh to have that same level of confidence and intimacy....

Psalm 100:5
For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations.


Just in case we think we need a reason to worship Him..that verse offers us a very good one!


Psalm 101:1
I will sing of lovingkindness and justice, to You, O Lord, I will sing praises!


Our goal for each day....are we singing and praising Him with the songs of our heart? In every season? Under every blue sky? Under every stormy one?


Psalm 102: 26-27
You, (God) endure....
You, (God) are the same
And Your years will not come to an end....

Psalm 103 (I love this entire Psalm)


Bless Him who heals, redeems, loves, changes not - I on the other hand am simply dust (vs 14) and He knows it yet He walks with me through all of my "dusty days". He withholds no good thing from His children....His lovingkindness is everlasting to everlasting....
His sovereignty rules over all.

What a faithful God, creative in all His works....and all of creation acknowledges Him....we must only cease our striving and simply know that He (alone) is God. Be blessed today, my fellow bags of dust! You are loved with the everlasting love of an everlasting God.

Cindy K.



















No comments:

Post a Comment