About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Still Undone ~

It was two years ago today that I became completely and utterly UNDONE by One so Great who cared enough about me to extend His strong arm of safety and flood my soul with a depth of peace I never knew could exist. And incredibly, He did all of that and so much more, right in the midst of my storm.

Undone, I tell you, and, I am not over it yet! I'm still just as undone in His presence today as I was the very moment the Dr said to me ... "it's breast cancer".  In fact, I'm a continual mess in His presence and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Who could have known that I would find myself on the other side, looking back and feeling so blessed as I recall the journey, remembering how we sang and danced under the stormy skies. What joy He has placed deep within! I remember how He led me in His Word and created in me an appetite for more. I remember how He spoke peace, comfort and courage directly to my heart; how He never left me, not for one moment, and guided my every step! Truly He is our Refuge and Very-Present Help in time of need!

Yesterday was a perfect example of His very-present-ness in my life. I was riding in the car and had put my CD (Overwhelmed) in the player. I was listening to the song Still (track 5) and thinking of how good He had been to me. Then the chorus began ....

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm .... 

And right then, as those words hung in the air ~ "I will soar with You" ~ I looked up above the stoplight where I was sitting and saw a large, strong, dark colored bird soaring from one side of the road to the other. His graceful flight was just above the Bradford Pear trees, the Crepe Myrtles and the power lines; yet, close enough to capture my eye; drawing my gaze heavenward. As I glanced past the bird and to the heavens my heart quickened for I had to wonder if God was recalling our journey too.  This was our moment, our gentle reminder, of the journey together.

I want you to know that there has been no greater joy in all of my life, no greater time of growth in all of my days, no deeper love for my Master than that which He has allowed me to experience while dodging the storm's fury. He has refined me in ways that I could never have dreamed and I don't ever want to be the same!






I'm sure I'm not the only one who has walked through a storm and found herself stunned speechless by the faithfulness and mercy of God. I'm convinced there is something that rearranges deep within the child of God when faced with their own mortality.  But I think the change comes not from just "accepting" the medical facts and deciding to fight. That is important and we must find the courage and the wherewithal to do exactly that but in that medical knowledge alone is not where the transformation will take place.

No, I feel that the transforming change occurs as we grip more tightly to our Father and say to Him, "I trust You. Have Your way in me." We are changed in the midst of surrender. We are strengthened in the midst of being still. We are upheld as we reach for the outstretched hands of the Sovereign God of the universe ~ our Healer ~ our Everything! And, He will be faithful! It is who He is ... faithful! (2 Tim. 2:13)

Oh God, have you found me faithful? 
Am I walking it well for Your glory and fame?

I pray that He has and I pray that I am. I pray that as long as He gives me breath, I will use it for His great glory! Not out of my own strength, mind you, because I know I will fail ~ but in the mighty strength and power that He provides.

So, today I remember ... and I also keep moving forward. We all must do that. There are new storm clouds gathering all around. Some will be severe and life-altering while others just a mere inconvenience. No matter what, He alone holds the peace, the power, the purpose, the joy, and the victory in the midst of them all because ~ There is no one like our God!

Simply Undone,

Cindy K.

No comments:

Post a Comment