About Me

My photo
Rock Hill, SC, United States
"My heart is overflowing with a good theme. I recite my compositions concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalm 45:1) This verse has become a life verse for me. As I continue to walk it out, I realize this journey as a breast cancer survivor has changed me but does not define me. I remain the loved, chosen, redeemed and blessed child of the living God who supplies me daily with more hope, strength, grace and courage than I ever dreamed I could possess! God has been so good to me ... indeed my tongue is the pen of a ready writer ... poised to tell the story of my faithful Father! I love Him so!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Precious Memories ... Old and New

I spent last evening with a group of Sr. Citizens from my home church Woodlawn Baptist Church (Charlotte, NC). Mark and I grew up there and were married there as well. Its a place full of warm, fuzzy, Old memories! Where my faith took hold and began to soar.

I was there because I had been invited to be the musical guest at their monthly fellowship meeting. So, I enlisted the help of some of my girlfriends that are just incredible musicians/vocalists to go with me and build some warm, fuzzy, New memories as we ministered together in song. I’ve just got the best friends! Beautiful, inside and out. So glad they agreed to come with me. Thanks gals!

As we stood up front to sing and I looked out over the faces that sat before me the Old memories seemed to flood my heart and my mind at the exact same moment that tears were flooding my eyes. Filled to overflowing with gratitude for the heritage that God has given me ~

for my Mother who taught me to love the Lord and make
music for Him alone.

for the men and women who taught me in Sunday School
or Missions or were the selfless chaperones
on countless youth trips.

It was a special evening indeed ... each one of these special people touching me perhaps more than I touched them last night. All of them have had a hand in shaping the adult that I am today! Just an honor to be in their presence. And I began to think about things...

Our earthly heritage can be a wonderful thing but our real heritage, our inheritance, found in the Lord is of grand proportion! Do you know this? Can you wrap your mind around it? It matters not what your earthly heritage may be for as David says in Psalm 16: 5-6 ...

The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You support my lot.
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.

It’s true, I have been blessed with godly parents and a firm foundation ... my earthly heritage ... but even if I had not been blessed in this way I know that my heavenly Father, Creator of all that is, Lord of lords has wrapped me with a royal robe and called me His own. He crowns my life with righteousness and I am blessed indeed!

Yes my heritage is beautiful to me ... He is beautiful to me!

No matter what has gone before me (my past), no matter what is swirling around me now (my present) and no matter what lies ahead (my future) ... my God, my Father, my Portion is bigger! Yes, He’s bigger and He is enough.

Scripture assures me...
I am His and nothing can separate me from His love. (Romans 8: 38-39)

He is enough!

If I am in Christ, then I’m an heir according to the promise given to Abraham (Galations 3:29)

He is enough!

Yes, while I can trace my earthly heritage back to my parents and grandparents and great-grandparents ~ my spiritual heritage is traced back to highest royalty ... the King of kings! And as His child what a place of position He has placed me in....and you, if you are in Christ. How humbling to know that He loves us that much!

See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are.. (I John 3:1)

I pray that you’ll walk in His love today! I pray you will walk confidently in the royal position that He has bestowed upon you and hold fast to the Hope that is in Him!

Remember, He loves you with an everlasting love ....

No comments:

Post a Comment